This unit is intended to accomplish the following:
- To provide participants with a foundation and vocabulary from which they can explore the Church's teachings on various contemporary issues.
- To give participants an opportunity to discuss and explore their relationships with themselves, God, the Church, their family, their friends, and others.
- To foster within participants a deep conviction that their relationship with God and His Church is central to every other relationship in their life.
- To instill within participants the connection between their relationships and their own ethical and moral choices.
- To help participants recognize that all people are called by God to love Him and each other.