Cappella Romana offers two CDs in this release: a groundbreaking collection of medieval Byzantine chant from the Abbey of Grottaferrata, located in the suburban hills of Rome. Led by virtuoso cantor Ioannis Arvanitis, Cappella Romana recaptures the artistic vibrancy of medieval Italy's Greek minority with ecstatic 13th-century chants for St. Benedict, the monastery's founders St. Bartholomew and St. Nilos, and for the feast of Pentecost. Two CDs (CD1: The Founders of Grottaferrata; CD2: The Feast of Pentecost).
1. Kontakion for St. Bartholomew of Grottaferrata (Short Melody)
2. Ode 1 of the Kanon for St. Benedict
3. Kontakion for St. Neilos of Grottaferrata (Psaltikon melody)
4. Ode 9 of the Kanon for St. Benedict
5. Kontakion for St. Bartholomew of Grottaferrata (Psaltikon melody)
6. Three stichera prosomoia for St. Benedict (Mode Plagal 4)
1. Ode 1 of the Iambic Kanon, Mode 4
2. Alleluiarion in Mode 1, Ps. 32:6, 13
3. Ode of the First Kanon of Pentecost, Mode 4
4. Communion Verse, Ps. 142: 10b
5. Teleutaion of the Kneeling Vespers, Ps. 18 - Small Litany and Psalm Intonation
6. Teleutaion of the Kneeling Vespers, Ps. 18 - Stichologia
7. Teleutaion of the Kneeling Vespers, Ps. 18 - Glory. Both now.